Monday, February 2, 2009

"Magical Shoes" or How I Lost Some Weight



I would like to share with you how one story helped me to lose extra weight.

Years ago when I was a little girl, my mom would read me stories late evenings while I was in bed. I used to like particularly one fable and therefore I would ask my mom to read it over and over again.

The story was about a poor girl who once met an old woman that started taking care of the little girl.
Since every Sunday they had to go to church, the old lady and the girl went to a shoe maker to get the shoes done for a girl. The shoe maker, however, made cherry color shoes... such an intense color... which wasn‘t appropriate to wear going to church.
Moreover, every time the girl would put the shoes on, she would start dancing at once. Since the old lady was almost blind, she first didn‘t see which shoes the girl had chosen, but later having been warned about that by the other people, she decided to take the shoes away from the little girl.
However, the girl found those beautiful shoes and put them again...and again started dancing. But when she wanted to stop, she just couldn‘t do it. She couldn‘t stop and take the shoes off.

And so she kept dancing further on. All the people would enjoy her dancing and her self, as she grew up being energetic, beautiful and in a super shape.

This is the story... Years kept going, I grew up, gave birth to two beautiful girls that made my life happy.
To be honest, at some stages my life wasn‘t very happy...and didn‘t enjoy seeing myself the way I had become: I gained extra weight, I lost confidence and started being dissatisfied with myself and the entire world. I know that wasn‘t very nice, but I couldn‘t help behaving and feeling like this.
Of course I forgot such things as childhood stories.
But once I happened to find my most favorite book with the story about the poor girl. I read it again... And thought: „ Oh, I wish I had such shoes! I would dance all the time, be energetic, slim and beautiful! “.

But then I was hit by an idea: „BUT I CAN BE ALL THAT IF I WANT! “

And so I started my energetic life, my ,,dancing”. I started: working out, doing group exercises, jogging, playing active sports, as well as maintaining a good diet. Physical activity and sports brought me back to an active life and helped me to lose weight, stay healthy and look beautiful.
And I know- I must keep being active, I can‘t stop, otherwise I will become what I used to be before. I don‘t want this. My children say: „ Our mom is the best and most beautiful mom in the world! “ And I really want to be like this.

So this is my story. I hope you enjoyed it. If it inspires you, I will be more than happy.



Visit This Site and I am hoping that each of you will find your own „magical shoes“.

No comments:

Post a Comment